The risk management functions of the VMIA are to:
- Assist departments and participating bodies establish programs for the identification, quantification and management of risks.
- Monitor risk management by departments and participating bodies.
- Provide risk management advice to the State.
- Provide risk management advice and training to departments and participating bodies.
To achieve our legislated functions, the VMIA provides the following risk management assistance to clients:
- VMIA's Risk Framework Quality Reviews (RFQR).
- Business continuity risk management services.
- Quarterly risk management publications.
- Continuous risk management bulletins – Risk updates, Risk Insights and risk management resource links.
- Facilitation of risk management workshops.
- Online tools - free risk management software.
- Site (engineering) Risk Survey (SRS) program (property, public liability and business continuity risks).
- Co-funding partnerships (RMPP) with clients for risk management initiatives.
- Customised and ad-hoc training, with the assistance of external providers, covering a wide variety of risk management topics.
- Risk management forums, roundtables, breakfasts and training.
- Educational services through bi-monthly risk management seminars.
- Advice on insurance and indemnity provisions.
- Regular client contact with client service teams.
These risk management services are made available through VMIA’s Relationship Managers. In most cases, the costs of these services are met through client premiums and provided at no additional charge to individual clients.
The VMIA is also able to assist clients to access and select additional risk management resources that are beyond the scope of the VMIA's role.
To further discuss how you can best take advantage of these services, please contact our Risk Management Team on 03 9270 6900 or by email email@example.com.
^ Back to the Top