The cemeteries and crematoria sector includes approximately 500 cemetery trusts throughout metropolitan and rural Victoria. Very few cemetery trusts have previously had the knowledge and resources to maintain sound risk management practices.
The aim of this project was to develop a framework to assist trusts by providing access to resources such as training, tools, templates and information to apply risk management principles in their cemetery.
- Fawkner Crematorium and Memorial Park (Lead partner)
- Victorian Auditor General’s Office (VAGO)
- The State Services Authority (SSA)
- The Department of Human Services (DHS)
- The Cemeteries and Crematoria Association of Victoria (CCAV)
- The VMIA.
The project developed a generic risk management framework that could be applied by a trust for any cemetery, irrespective of size or location. The framework includes tools and templates to identify and develop:
- key business processes and objectives
- critical success factors (performance drivers)
- key performance indicators
- key risk and associated controls
- key competencies
- key compliance requirements
- training programs to inform the industry on risk management concepts and practice.
Fawkner Crematorium and Memorial Park