VMIA provides insurance to more than 500 cemetery trusts, on behalf of the Victorian Government and the Department of Health and Human Services.
VMIA’s Cemetery Trusts Insurance Program provides a range of insurance products tailored specifically to these needs.
- All Victorian public cemetery trusts.
What cover is provided?
- 2018 - 2019 Cemetery Trusts overview [PDF, 251KB]
Property covers your Trust for physical loss or damage to property due to, for example, fire, explosion, vandalism, weather perils, earthquake, theft or accidental damage, and loss of revenue and additional costs of working because of such property damage.
- 2018 - 2019 Cemetery Trusts Property Policy [PDF, 132KB]
Combined Liability covers your Trust for its legal liability from personal injury and/or property damage claims by third parties arising out the Trust's business activities.
The policy also provides cover for your Trust in respect to third party claims for financial loss arising from a breach of professional duty.
- 2018 - 2019 Combined Liability Policy Update [PDF, 179KB]
- 2018 - 2019 Combined Liability Policy [PDF, 342KB]
Directors and Officers Liability (including entity liability and employment practices violation)
Directors and Officers Liability provides cover for civil or criminal claims made against your Trust's directors and officers, and includes employment-related matters.
- 2018 - 2019 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 310KB]
Personal Accident covers volunteers for accidental-bodily personal injury whilst performing their duties, resulting in loss of life, permanent or temporary disablement.
- 2018 - 2019 Personal Accident Policy [PDF, 247KB]
Optional insurance policies are available to Trusts on an "offer and acceptance" basis including:
- construction risks (contract value over $500,000)
- business travel
- personal accident (journey).
Insurance Overview and Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org