VMIA provides insurance to more than 500 cemetery trusts, on behalf of the Victorian Government and the Department of Health and Human Services.
VMIA’s Cemetery Trusts insurance program provides a range of insurance products tailored specifically to these needs.
- All Victorian public cemetery trusts.
What cover is provided?
- 2018 - 2019 Cemetery Trusts overview [PDF, 251KB]
- 2019 - 2020 Cemetery Trusts overview
Property covers your Trust for physical loss or damage to property due to, for example, fire, explosion, vandalism, weather perils, earthquake, theft or accidental damage, and loss of revenue and additional costs of working because of such property damage.
- 2018 - 2019 Cemetery Trusts Property Policy [PDF, 132KB]
- 2019 - 2020 Cemetery Trusts Property Policy [PDF, 2.07MB]
Combined Liability covers your Trust for its legal liability from personal injury and/or property damage claims by third parties arising out the Trust's business activities.
The policy also provides cover for your Trust in respect to third party claims for financial loss arising from a breach of professional duty.
- 2018 - 2019 Combined Liability Policy Update [PDF, 179KB]
- 2018 - 2019 Combined Liability Policy [PDF, 342KB]
- 2019 - 2020 Combined Liability Policy Update
- 2019 - 2020 Combined Liability Policy
Cyber Insurance covers your Trust for expenses associated with a security breach to your computer systems. Coverage includes expenses attaching to forensic investigation, data restoration, public relations, crisis management and mandatory notification requirements.
- 2018 - 2019 Cyber Insurance Policy [PDF, 1.76MB]
- 2019 - 2020 Cyber Insurance Policy
Directors and Officers Liability (including entity liability and employment practices violation)
Directors and Officers Liability provides cover for civil or criminal claims made against your Trust's directors and officers, and includes employment-related matters.
- 2018 - 2019 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 310KB]
- 2019 - 2020 Directors and Officers Liability Policy
Personal Accident covers volunteers for accidental-bodily personal injury whilst performing their duties, resulting in loss of life, permanent or temporary disablement.
- 2018 - 2019 Personal Accident Policy [PDF, 247KB]
- 2019 - 2020 Personal Accident Policy
Optional insurance policies are available to Trusts on an "offer and acceptance" basis including:
- construction risks (contract value over $500,000)
- business travel
- personal accident (journey).
- 2018 - 2019 How to Make a Claim for Plaques, Headstones and Memorials [PDF, 584KB]
- 2019 - 2020 How to Make a Claim for Plaques, Headstones and Memorials
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org