VMIA’s Combined Liability insurance covers your organisation for legal and professional liabilities arising from negligence or a breach of your professional duties which result in personal injury, property damage or financial loss to third parties.
While conducting your business activities, you may receive a claim for personal injury, property damage or financial loss from a client, member of the public or another organisation. Defending these claims, even if you are not at fault, can result in costly legal expenses.
Your department or agency, its directors, officers and employees, volunteers and people that represent your business.
- Legal liability to pay compensation for personal injury to third parties arising from your business activities or goods
- Legal liability to pay compensation for damage to third party property arising from your business activities and goods
- Legal liability to pay compensation for advertising liability
- Legal costs associated with the defence of claims made against you.
Financial losses suffered by third parties as a result of:
- A breach of professional duty
- An act, error or omission
- Misleading or deceptive conduct
- Libel, slander or defamation.
This is a brief overview of the policy only. Please refer to the policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
The PEER Program forms part of Safer Care Victoria’s (SCV) Incident Response Program. It provides a centralised pool of independent panel members that health services can invite to participate in serious or sentinel event review work - for example, on a root cause analysis (RCA) panel. Read the Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 269KB]
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org