We endeavour to be an environmentally responsible provider of insurance and risk management services to the State Government.
We are committed to proactively creating a sustainable environment and we aim to minimise our environmental impact in the following ways:
- provide support, encouragement and build environmental awareness amongst our employees to reduce water, energy and paper use
- establish appropriate office based systems for resource reuse and recycling
- work with our suppliers and contractors to purchase products and services that offer prevailing environmental standards
- purchase renewable energy
- minimise greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage associated with work related travel including initiatives to reduce the impact and improve the fuel efficiency of our car fleet
- integrate sustainability principles into the fit-out and design of any new office spaces and/or existing office space where possible
- offer prevailing industry practice advice and risk management services to our clients to reduce their environmental footprints.
Across all areas of business, we will:
- meet all relevant environmental legislative and other requirements
- identify our significant environmental aspects and establish achievable targets
- continually review and report on our environmental management and performance
- strive to lead by example, encourage best practice and drive sustainable outcomes
- be responsive to the environmental concerns of our staff, clients and the Victorian Government.