In light of the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation – and following advice from Victoria's Chief Health Officer that working from home is preferable – VMIA is encouraging staff to work remotely.
Our business remains open. We are fully technology enabled and prepared, however, there will be some changes to our usual services:
- VMIA reception will be operating remotely from 8.30am Wednesday 18 March. Contact us by phone on (03) 9270 6900.
- Visitors with existing appointments will be required to check in with the building Concierge on the ground floor of 161 Collins St. External visitors will not be admitted without a prior appointment.
- Face-to-face meetings will be replaced with virtual meetings, phone calls and teleconferences.
- Face-to-face training workshops will be postponed – Click here for more information
- Mail will be redirected, so will be received as usual.
Builders and home owners seeking assistance with Domestic Building Insurance (DBI) services may experience some delays. Click here for more information
Our teams are ready and able to receive your phone calls and emails as always.
We’ve produced some general guidance for our Government and Community Service Organisation clients on how our insurance products may respond to instances of coronavirus.
- Fact Sheet [updated, current until 30 September 2020] – VMIA Insurance responses to COVID-19 – Government and Agencies [PDF, 672KB]
- Fact Sheet [updated, current until 30 September 2020] – VMIA Insurance responses to COVID-19 – Community Service Organisations [PDF, 225KB]
- Coronavirus insurance quick reference guide [published 24 April 2020] [PDF, 1.05MB]
For the latest coronavirus updates, please refer to the Department of Health and Human Services website.