Skip to content

From big departments to community organisations, we protect public services, assets, projects and people in both government and non-government entities.

Most Victorian government organisations are insured by us

If your organisation is “controlled” by the State and receives more than half its funding from the State Budget you’re most likely one of our clients already. For more information, have a look at the definition of a participating body under the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority Act 1996 [PDF, 169KB]  or just get in touch to find out more.

If you’re a non-government organisation

In certain circumstances, the Victorian Government may ask VMIA to provide insurance to non-government organisations where it’s in the public interest and commercial insurance isn’t available on reasonable terms.

If this applies to you, you may want to raise this issue with your organisation’s most relevant government department or agency for further advice.

Any questions?

For any insurance matter, we’re on email at