Our sustainability principles and practices
Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) endeavours to be an environmentally responsible provider of insurance and risk management services to the State Government.
We are committed to proactively creating a sustainable environment and we aim to minimise our environmental impact in the following ways:
- provide support, encouragement and build environmental awareness amongst our employees to reduce water, energy and paper use
- establish appropriate office based systems for resource reuse and recycling
- work with our suppliers and contractors to purchase products and services that offer prevailing environmental standards
- purchase renewable energy
- minimise greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage associated with work related travel including initiatives to reduce the impact and improve the fuel efficiency of our car fleet
- integrate sustainability principles into the fit-out and design of any new office spaces and/or existing office space where possible
- offer prevailing industry practice advice and risk management services to our clients to reduce their environmental footprints.
Across all areas of business, VMIA will:
- meet all relevant environmental legislative and other requirements
- identify our significant environmental aspects and establish achievable targets
- continually review and report on our environmental management and performance
- strive to lead by example, encourage best practice and drive sustainable outcomes
- be responsive to the environmental concerns of our staff, clients and the Victorian Government.