Business Travel insurance covers employees for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, flight cancellation or lost luggage during overseas, interstate and intrastate (beyond 50km) business trips.
- Employees or authorised personnel and their accompanying family members who are under the age of 85 (unless otherwise agreed with VMIA).
- Personal accident — provides compensation for injury and sickness as per the table of benefits
- Medical expenses incurred following an injury, sickness or disease (for overseas travel only)
- Loss of baggage, travellers' cheques, travel documents, credit cards and money
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Hire car excess expenses
- Additional expenses from unforeseen circumstances
- Alternative employee expenses, if replacement staff is required
- Evacuation cover and personal safety, if it’s unsafe to remain at the location
- Extra territorial workers' compensation
- Life insurance
- Personal liability
- Private travel (maximum 14 days) forming part of a business trip
- Business travel up to 180 days.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2021-2022 Business Travel Policy [PDF, 1.08MB]
A COVID-19 Exclusion will now apply to the following sections of the Business Travel Policy, effective for the 2021-22 policy year.
- Section 3 - Travel and Emergency Assistance
- Section 4 - Additional Expenses
- Section 6 - Loss of Deposits and Cancellation Charges
- Section 10 - Alternative Employee Expenses
- Section 12 - Evacuation Cover and Personal Safety
Please review the policy wording for full details of the COVID-19 Exclusion.