Business Travel insurance covers employees for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, flight cancellation or lost luggage during overseas, interstate and intrastate (beyond 50km) business trips.
- Employees or authorised personnel and their accompanying family members who are under the age of 85 (unless otherwise agreed with VMIA).
- Personal accident — provides compensation for injury and sickness as per the table of benefits
- Medical expenses incurred following an injury, sickness or disease (for overseas travel only)
- Loss of baggage, travellers' cheques, travel documents, credit cards and money
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Hire car excess expenses
- Additional expenses from unforeseen circumstances
- Alternative employee expenses if replacement staff are required
- Evacuation cover and personal safety if it’s unsafe to remain at the location
- Extra territorial workers' compensation
- Life insurance
- Personal liability
- Private travel (maximum 14 days) forming part of a business trip
- Business travel up to 180 days.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to the policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2022-2023 Business Travel Policy [PDF, 1.01MB]
From 21 February 2022 VMIA is covering losses associated with Covid-19. The business travel policy now includes coverage for:
- Additional and/or forfeited travel and accommodation expenses if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 before or during a trip.
- Lost deposits and/or cancellation expenses incurred if you are unfit to travel or must quarantine because of a Covid-19 diagnosis.
- Repatriation of mortal remains due to death from Covid-19 during a trip.
For full details of the Covid-19 business travel coverage please contact VMIA below.