Business Travel insurance covers employees for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, flight cancellation or lost luggage during overseas, interstate and intrastate (beyond 50km) business trips.
- Employees or authorised personnel and their accompanying family members who are under the age of 85 (unless otherwise agreed with VMIA).
- Personal accident — provides compensation for injury and sickness as per the table of benefits
- Medical expenses incurred following an injury, sickness or disease (for overseas travel only)
- Loss of baggage, travellers' cheques, travel documents, credit cards and money
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Hire car excess expenses
- Additional expenses from unforeseen circumstances
- Alternative employee expenses if replacement staff are required
- Evacuation cover and personal safety if it’s unsafe to remain at the location
- Extra territorial workers' compensation
- Life insurance
- Personal liability
- Private travel (maximum 14 days) forming part of a business trip
- Business travel up to 180 days.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to the policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
From 21 February 2022 VMIA is covering losses associated with Covid-19. The business travel policy now includes coverage for:
- Additional and/or forfeited travel and accommodation expenses if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 before or during a trip.
- Lost deposits and/or cancellation expenses incurred if you are unfit to travel or must quarantine because of a Covid-19 diagnosis.
- Repatriation of mortal remains due to death from Covid-19 during a trip.
For full details of the Covid-19 business travel coverage please contact VMIA below.