Business Travel insurance covers employees for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, flight cancellation or lost luggage during overseas, interstate and intrastate (beyond 50km) business trips.
Business Travel policy update 2019–20
From 1 July 2019, the aggregate limit under section 12 - Personal Safety and Natural Disaster Evacuation – of our international Business Travel Insurance has increased from $250,000 to $2,000,000.
- Employees or authorised personnel and their accompanying family members who are under the age of 85 (unless otherwise agreed with VMIA).
- Personal accident — provides compensation for injury and sickness as per the table of benefits
- Medical expenses incurred following an injury, sickness or disease (for overseas travel only)
- Loss of baggage, travellers' cheques, travel documents, credit cards and money
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Hire car excess expenses
- Additional expenses from unforeseen circumstances
- Alternative employee expenses, if replacement staff is required
- Evacuation cover and personal safety, if it’s unsafe to remain at the location
- Extra territorial workers' compensation
- Life insurance
- Personal liability
- Private travel (maximum 14 days) forming part of a business trip
- Business travel up to 180 days.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2019-2020 Business Travel Policy [PDF, 386KB]