- Policies & cover
- Cemetery Trusts
Check your cover and claims progress, any time
Register on the VMIA portal to:
- view insurance products
- make a claim
- check on claim progress
- download certificate of currency
- download policy documents
- download policy wordings
- update contact details (with admin access).
VMIA provides insurance to more than 500 cemetery trusts, on behalf of the Victorian Government and the Department of Health (DH).
- All Victorian public cemetery trusts
What cover is provided?
- 2022-2023 Cemetery Trusts overview [PDF, 275KB]
- 2023-2024 Cemetery Trusts overview [PDF, 377KB]
Property covers your Trust for physical loss or damage to property due to events such as fire, explosion, vandalism, weather perils, earthquake, theft, or accidental damage. It also covers loss of revenue and additional costs of working due to property damage.
- 2022-2023 Property Policy [PDF, 859KB]
- 2023-2024 Property Policy [PDF, 1.17MB]
Combined Liability covers your Trust for its legal liability from personal injury and/or property damage claims by third parties arising out the Trust's business activities.
The policy also provides cover for your Trust in relation to third party claims for financial loss arising from a breach of professional duty.
- 2022-2023 Combined Liability Policy [PDF, 922KB]
- 2023-2024 Combined Liability Policy [PDF, 1.1MB]
Combined Liability Policy Update
1.1.2 Aggregate Limit of Liability
- We have amended terminology in the Policy Schedule of Insuring Clause 1.1.2 Aggregate Limit of Liability to replace the words “plus legal costs and expenses” with “inclusive of legal costs and expenses”, which is now consistent with the Combined Liability Policy Wording.
- The language around the erosion of the aggregate limit in the Policy Schedule of Insuring Clause 1.1.2 Aggregate Limit of Liability has been reworded to “This limit is reduced by the value of any claim greater than $50,000,000 (including legal costs and expenses) and is not subject to any reinstatement provisions”. This now clarifies the intention of how the aggregate limit of liability and the any one claim limit interact with one another.
Cyber Insurance covers your Trust for expenses associated with a breach of your computer systems. Coverage includes expenses related to forensic investigation, data restoration, public relations, crisis management, and mandatory notification requirements.
Cyber Policy Update
4.4 Defence and Settlement
- Increased coverage for insureds to attend mediation meetings, arbitration proceedings, hearings, depositions, and trials from $600 per day to $2000 per day, subject to a maximum of $100,000.
- Income Loss – expanded the definition of Income Loss to include savings, so these can be incorporated into business interruption calculations.
Directors and Officers Liability
Directors and Officers Liability provides cover for your Trust's directors and officers for third party claims arising from their actions and decisions while acting in an official capacity (including employment-related violations).
- 2022-2023 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 759KB]
- 2023-2024 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 1.07MB]
Group Personal Accident
Group Personal Accident covers volunteers for accidental-bodily personal injury while performing their duties, resulting in loss of life, permanent or temporary disablement.
- 2022-2023 Group Personal Accident Policy [PDF, 808KB]
- 2023-2024 Group Personal Accident Policy [PDF, 1.12MB]
Optional insurance policies are available to Trusts on an "offer and acceptance" basis including:
- construction risks (contract value over $500,000)
- business travel
- journey (personal accident).
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org