Construction Risks – Material Damage and Liability insurance provides cover for material damage and legal liability for construction projects. This includes new erections, construction, alterations, testing and commissioning and protection during any defects liability period.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- Section 1 - Material Damage:
- physical loss, destruction or damage to insured property (work in progress, construction materials, and specialised construction plant and equipment (when agreed), occurring during the construction period or defects liability period
- Insured property includes: - permanent or temporary structures, materials and supplies
- Cover extends to anywhere within Australia whilst at the worksite, during pre-fabrication, in storage and during inland transit
- Additional costs such as removal of debris, expediting expenses, emergency services expenses, temporary protection of property are also insured.
- temporary buildings, camp buildings, project buildings and all contents
- formwork, false-work, scaffolding, access platforms, hoardings and mouldings
- consumables, drawings, documents and electronic data.
- Section 2 – Liability:
- Covers damages and compensation for third party personal injury, property damage and advertising injury sustained during the construction period or defects liability period and related products/completed operations liability cover
- Legal defence costs and expenses.
This cover is required because VMIA’s Property and Combined Liability (Public and Products Liability) policies exclude construction activities over $500,000 in value.
- Your organisation as the project principal
- Project and construction managers
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Any other parties involved in operations of works by agreement.
Construction Risks Policy update
View changes to the VMIA Construction Risks insurance policy for 2021 – 2022
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.