The Emergency Resource Providers Support Scheme (EmRePSS) is an insurance program that covers an organisation (or an individual) who provides their equipment, labour or professional services to tasking agencies during eligible emergencies.
An organisation or person who supplies equipment, labour, or professional services for the purposes of responding to an eligible emergency.
Directors and Officers Liability
Directors and Officers Liability provides cover for civil or criminal claims made against the resource provider’s directors and officers.
- 2020-2021 Directors and Officers Policy [PDF, 824KB]
- 2020-2021 Directors and Officers Schedule [PDF, 1.4MB]
Property Insurance provides cover for physical loss or damage to your property used in an eligible emergency, which includes the loss of revenue and income consequently.
Motor vehicle insurance provides cover for any damage to a resource provider’s vehicle and legal liability for damage to third party property because of an accident involving the resource provider’s vehicle used in an eligible emergency.
Professional Indemnity provides cover for the resource provider for an alleged breach of their professional duties.
- 2020-2021 Professional Indemnity Policy [PDF, 566KB]
- 2020-2021 Professional Indemnity Schedule [PDF, 1.4MB]
Public and Products Liability
Public and Products Liability covers resource providers for legal liabilities arising from activities that result in personal injury or property damage to third parties.
Any emergency activities that are conducted purely on private property with no involvement of a tasking agency are outside the scope of EmRePSS.
- 2020-2021 Public and Products Liability Policy [PDF, 826KB]
- 2020-2021 Public and Products Liability Schedule [PDF, 1.78MB]
A tasking agency is a participating Victorian Government department, agency or municipal council, which requests and directs specific tasks in the event of an eligible emergency.
The following tasking agencies are involved in the EmRePSS:
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions
- Department of Transport
- Victoria Police
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Environment Protection Authority
- Victorian Water Industry Association Inc, and
- Department of Health and Human Services.