Check your cover and claims progress, any time
Register on our portal to:
- view insurance products
- make a claim
- check on claim progress
- download certificate of currency
- download policy documents
- update policy details
- update contact details (with admin access).
All Victorian government schools are covered by our insurance purchased by the Department of Education and Training (DET). However, this cover has several limitations which may not address risks for schools using this as their only level of protection.
We have developed insurance tailored to support School Councils. For more details, please read the below:
- 2021-2022 School Councils Insurance Guide [PDF, 798KB]
Frequently asked questions about School Councils Insurance, are available here:
- 2021-2022 School Councils FAQs [PDF, 847KB]
If you need assistance to determine your total asset value, please read:
- How to select your insurance cover 2021-2022 [XLSX, 1023KB]
What should I do?
We recommend you review your school’s current risks and exposures, and decide whether additional insurance coverage is required to meet your needs.
If your school has not received any insurance documentation, please contact us on 9270 6990 or email email@example.com.
How to make a claim?
- School Councils should log into the client portal and submit a claim for any circumstances or incidents that might result in a potential claim as soon as possible. If in doubt, please report it.
- For all School Councils insurance claims, which include Motor - Special Contingency Damage and Motor - Loss of No Claim Bonus (see below for claims relating to motor vehicle accidents involving school-owned vehicles) please log in to the client portal and follow the steps to submit a claim.
- For motor vehicle accident claims involving school-owned vehicles, please log into the client portal and you will directed to the Zurich Insurance Group’s website. When making a claim, please quote the claims reference number - 32 VMIA002 GFT.
- If your vehicle requires towing, please call the Zurich Claims Team on 1800 611 372 (available 24 hours, 7 days a week).
- For common questions regarding claims, please refer to the 2021-2022 School Councils Insurance Guide [PDF, 798KB] and our 2021-2022 frequently asked questions [PDF, 847KB].
What insurance cover is available?
This insurance provides a broad range of cover for School Councils and includes:
Covers physical loss or damage to School Council property (including electronic equipment) as a result of fire, storm, vandalism, burglary and accidental damage.
School Councils property covers:
- Buildings*, playground equipment, unregistered vehicles, leased office equipment, portable electronic equipment and all other contents (not otherwise insured) situated at the school
- Shade sails, solar panels, artificial playing surfaces and fencing
- Portable electronic equipment anywhere in Australia
- Money - up to $10,000
- Glass - replacement value
- Business interruption - up to $100,000
- Cost of re-writing records - up to $10,000.
*Buildings refers to buildings that are over entitlement and/or fully owned by the school council.
The above items, up to the selected insured limits (refer to the 2021-2022 School Councils Insurance Guide [PDF, 798KB]) are covered under the School Council Property policy. If you need assistance to determine your total asset value, please download 2021-2022 How to select your insurance cover [XLSX, 1023KB].
Public and products liability for hall hirers and other users of school facilities
Covers venue hirers, community groups and other users of school facilities for their legal liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage arising out of activities at the school.
Group Personal Accident
Covers all enrolled students for accidental bodily injury that results in loss of life, permanent or temporary disablement, broken bones or dental procedures.
School Council Motor Vehicle
Covers loss or damage to vehicles (sedans, light commercial vehicles, buses and trailers) owned by your school and anyone who drives a vehicle for school business.
Motor – Special Contingency Damage
Covers damage to motor vehicles and motorcycles owned or leased by the Insured Persons while parked in the school’s car park. Claims under this cover are to be submitted directly to VMIA.
Motor – Loss of No Claim Bonus
Covers loss of ‘no claim bonus’ and ‘excess’ for designated staff and volunteers in the event of an accident where their comprehensively insured private vehicle was being used on authorised school business anywhere in Australia. Claims under this cover are to be submitted directly to VMIA.
For the right advice on your risk exposure please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.