Patient Safety Climate refers to the culture of patient safety in a healthcare workplace.
Measuring and improving the safety climate can be challenging as it involves such factors as values, beliefs, people and practices.
VMIA’s Safety Climate Survey includes tools with practical steps and templates to help you evaluate your workplace safety climate.
The tools were developed by VMIA and the Victorian Quality Council.
Safety Climate Survey Guidelines [PDF, 1.09MB]
Safety Climate Survey tools
- Items by Factor [DOC, 61KB]
- Pre-notification Letter [DOC, 24KB]
- Cover Letter [DOC, 26KB]
- Reminder Letter [DOC, 24KB]
- Administration Checklist [DOC, 56KB]
- Survey — Long Version [DOC, 348KB]
- Survey — Short Version [DOC, 746KB]
- Poster Template [DOC, 380KB]
- Data Entry Template — Full Version [XLSX, 26KB]
- Data Entry Template — Short Version [XLS, 80KB]
- Data Analysis Report Example [DOCX, 153KB]