The community expects the Government to be vigilant – to be alert and respond to any potential harm that compromise the safety, security and wellbeing of Victorians.
In order to meet this expectation and achieve its strategic objectives the Government must be prepared for risk. It needs its public sector to be productive, innovative and efficient; anticipating and managing the risks that could affect the delivery of its policy agenda.
The Victorian Government Risk Management Framework promotes best practice risk management and includes mandatory requirements for the public sector.
The Victorian Risk Management Framework practice guide
The Practice Guide has been developed by VMIA to support the framework and to help agencies meet their risk obligations and accountabilities.
The guide aims to provide a practical explanation of key risk management concepts and practical tips to improve capability and it aligns with the Australian and New Zealand standard. You can adapt the guide to suit your agency.
We welcome your feedback about our Practice Guide. Register your details at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete our online survey.
- Victorian Government Risk Management Framework - Practice Guide
- Risk Management Policy Template – Draft a risk management policy including the purpose, objectives and mission statement.
- Communication Plan Template – Involve key stakeholders in the risk management process.
- Risk Assessment Template – Identify, analyse and evaluate risks.
- Risk Register Example Template – Record all risks identified in the risk assessment process.
- Sources of Risk Template – Identify sources and categories of risk.
- Risk Rating Criteria Template – Rate and prioritise risks.
- Risk Treatment Plan – Record risk treatment options.
- Insurance Attestation resources
- Online learning centre – including VGRMF learning module