The community expects the Government to be vigilant – to be alert and respond to any potential harm that compromise the safety, security and wellbeing of Victorians.
In order to meet this expectation and achieve its strategic objectives the Government must be prepared for risk. It needs its public sector to be productive, innovative and efficient; anticipating and managing the risks that could affect the delivery of its policy agenda.
The Victorian Government Risk Management Framework promotes best practice risk management and includes mandatory requirements for the public sector.
The Victorian Risk Management Framework practice guide
The Practice Guide has been developed by VMIA to support the framework and to help agencies meet their risk obligations and accountabilities.
The guide aims to provide a practical explanation of key risk management concepts and practical tips to improve capability and it aligns with the Australian and New Zealand standard. You can adapt the guide to suit your agency.
We welcome your feedback about our Practice Guide. Register your details at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete our online survey.
- Victorian Government Risk Management Framework - Practice Guide
- A1 Risk Management Glossary [DOCX, 107KB]
- A2 Risk Management Policy Guide [DOCX, 112KB]
- A3 Risk Management Communication Plan [DOCX, 118KB]
- A4 Roles and Responsibilities [DOCX, 120KB]
- A5 Risk Manager Role Description [DOCX, 120KB]
- A7 Risk Management – Board Reporting Template [DOCX, 132KB]
- A8 Assurance Map Guide [DOCX, 132KB]
- A9 Risk Management Attestation Checklist [DOCX, 121KB]
- A10 Risk Management Strategy [DOCX, 127KB]
- A11 Risk Register Guide [DOCX, 111KB]
- A11 Risk Register Template [XLSX, 23KB]
- B1 Categories of Risk [DOCX, 120KB]
- B2 Risk Criteria Examples [DOCX, 136KB]
- B3 Risk Assessment & Treatment Guide [DOCX, 152KB]
- B4 Guide to monitoring and reviewing risks [DOCX, 117KB]
- Insurance Attestation resources
- Online learning centre – including VGRMF learning module