- Tools & insights
- Maternity eHandbook
In response to the Targeting Zero report, Safer Care Victoria’s Maternity and Newborn Clinical Network (MNCN) developed the Maternity eHandbook, which provides pathways of care, complementary algorithms and practical guidance for clinicians.
The eHandbook was launched late 2017 and proudly supported by VMIA. This critical work is building on the success of the MNCN’s popular Neonatal eHandbook, and reducing unnecessary variation in care across Victoria’s maternity and neonatal services.
Where to next?
So far, the Maternity eHandbook has developed and published the following topics:
- Antepartum haemorrhage: assessment and management
- Elective repeat caesarean (ERC) and trial of labour after caesarean (TOLAC) have risks and benefits
- Breech presentation: diagnosis and management
- Decreased fetal movements
- Gestational diabetes
- Group B streptococcus (GBS) – screening and management
- Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) – assessment and management
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Induction of labour
- Obesity during pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- Postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) – prevention, assessment and management
- Pre-labour rupture of membranes at term
- Preterm labour
- Preterm pre-labour rupture of membranes
- Substance use during pregnancy - care of the mother and newborn