An agency must provide information on its claims management capability, resources, systems and processes.
If your agency self-insures, it must have appropriate internal claims management practices to manage self-retained losses.
Agencies need to ensure they have adequate capability across the following areas of claims management:
- Process - How are claims managed?
- Systems - What system is used to maintain information about claims?
- Reporting - Is appropriate reporting on claims activities and trends available?
- Accountability/governance - What oversight of claims management activities, delegations and decision making is in place?
- Reserving - Is claims reserving methodology appropriate?
- Resources - Are adequate resources available?
If you require additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9270 6900.