Business Travel insurance covers employees for medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, flight cancellation or lost luggage during overseas, interstate and intrastate (beyond 50km) business trips.
- Employees or authorised personnel and their accompanying family members who are under the age of 85 (unless otherwise agreed with VMIA).
- Personal accident — provides compensation for injury and sickness as per the table of benefits
- Medical expenses incurred following an injury, sickness or disease (for overseas travel only)
- Loss of baggage, travellers' cheques, travel documents, credit cards and money
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Hire car excess expenses
- Additional expenses from unforeseen circumstances
- Alternative employee expenses, if replacement staff is required
- Evacuation cover and personal safety, if it’s unsafe to remain at the location
- Extra territorial workers' compensation
- Life insurance
- Personal liability
- Private travel (maximum 14 days) forming part of a business trip
- Business travel up to 180 days.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2019-2020 Business Travel Policy [PDF, 386KB]