Construction Risks insurance provides cover for material damage and legal liability during construction, alterations, testing and defects liability periods.
It covers physical loss, destruction or damage to property, as well as legal liability for third party injury and property damage. This policy is required because industrial special risks and public and products liability policies generally exclude construction activities.
- Your organisation as the project principal.
- Project and construction managers.
- Contractors and subcontractors.
- Any other parties involved in operations of works by agreement.
- Works in progress and construction materials against loss or damage throughout the construction period, such as:
- permanent or temporary structures, materials and supplies
- temporary buildings, camp buildings, project buildings and all contents
- formwork, false-work, scaffolding, access platforms, hoardings and mouldings
- consumables, drawings, documents and electronic data
- Transit of construction materials within Australia
- Removal of debris from the site following a loss
- Offsite related storage or worksites within Australia
- Expediting expenses
- Costs and expenses associated with the temporary protection and safety of property
- Legal liability for third party personal injury and property damage arising out of the project construction activities
- Legal defence costs and expenses
- Terrorism coverage
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2018 - 2019 Construction Risks Policy [PDF, 2.03MB]
For more information about your insurance policies, email us at email@example.com