Directors and officers liability insurance provides cover for your organisation's directors and officers for third party claims arising from their actions and decisions while acting in an official capacity.
Defending these claims can be lengthy, expensive and require additional resources, for which this policy provides financial support throughout.
- Board members, directors and executive officers of a public body
- Any other person concerned in, or who takes part in the management of a public body.
- Costs of legal action for a covered claim brought against directors and officers
- Advance payment of legal and other defence costs
- Legal costs and expenses relating to investigations and raids
- Costs of challenging extradition or deportation
- Costs of protecting your ability to act as a director or officer
- Costs to mitigate adverse effects of reputation in the media
- Automatic run-off cover
- Pollution cover — subject to policy sub-limit
- Outside directorships — for those required to sit on an external board at the request and authorisation of their employer
- Employment practices violation.
This is a brief overview of policy features only. Please refer to policy wording below for full details of cover and exclusions.
- 2017-2018 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 317KB]
- 2016-2017 Directors and Officers Liability Policy [PDF, 316KB]
For more information about this policy or any insurance matter email email@example.com to contact our Insurance Team.