The Emergency Resource Providers Support Scheme (EmRePSS) is an insurance program that covers an organisation or an individual who provides their equipment, labour or professional services to tasking agencies during eligible emergencies.
An organisation or person who supplies equipment, labour, or professional services for the purposes of responding to an eligible emergency.
Directors and Officers Liability
Provides cover for civil or criminal claims made against the resource provider’s directors and officers.
- 2017-2018 Directors and Officers Policy [PDF, 1.16MB]
- 2016-2017 Directors and Officers Policy [PDF, 91KB]
- 2017-2018 Directors and Officers Schedule [PDF, 1.18MB]
- 2016-2017 Directors and Officers Schedule [PDF, 52KB]
Provides cover for physical loss or damage to your property as a result of being used in an eligible emergency including the loss of revenue and income as a consequence of such property damage.
- 2017-2018 Property Policy [PDF, 1.96MB]
- 2016-2017 Industrial Special Risks Policy [PDF, 344KB]
- 2017-2018 Property Schedule [PDF, 1.19MB]
- 2016-2017 Industrial Special Risks Schedule [PDF, 54KB]
Motor vehicle insurance provides cover for any damage to a resource provider’s vehicle and legal liability for damage to third party property as a result of an accident involving the resource provider’s vehicle used in an eligible emergency.
- 2017-2018 Motor Vehicle Policy [PDF, 1.37MB]
- 2016-2017 Motor Vehicle Policy [PDF, 144KB]
- 2017-2018 Motor Vehicle Schedule [PDF, 1.19MB]
- 2016-2017 Motor Vehicle Schedule [PDF, 51KB]
Provides cover for the resource provider for an alleged breach of their professional duties.
- 2017-2018 Professional Indemnity Policy [PDF, 1.18MB]
- 2016-2017 Professional Indemnity Policy [PDF, 115KB]
- 2017-2018 Professional Indemnity Schedule [PDF, 1.19MB]
- 2016-2017 Professional Indemnity Schedule [PDF, 51KB]
Public and Products Liability
Covers the resource provider for legal liabilities arising from activities that result in personal injury or property damage to third parties.
The limit of cover is $10,000,000. This comes with a $5,000 deductible to be paid by the resource provider.
Any emergency activities which are conducted purely on private property with no involvement of a tasking agency are outside the scope of EmRePSS.
- 2017-2018 Public and Products Liability Policy [PDF, 1.42MB]
- 2016-2017 Public and Products Liability Policy [PDF, 120KB]
- 2017-2018 Public and Products Liability Schedule; [PDF, 1.18MB]
- 2016-2017 Public and Products Liability Schedule [PDF, 51KB]
A tasking agency is a participating Victorian Government department or agency, or municipal council, which requests and directs specific tasks in the event of an eligible emergency.
The following tasking agencies are involved in the EmRePSS:
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- Victoria Police
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Environment Protection Authority
- Victorian Water Industry Association Inc
- Department of Health and Human Services.