Risk is an inherent part of any operating organisation. It’s important to put in place mechanisms to control risks, but it’s even more important to know whether these mechanisms are actually working. That’s where control effectiveness comes in.
Our Control Effectiveness Guide provides you with the support you need to understand:
- what control effectiveness means and why it’s important
- the difference between a control and a treatment
- the difference between a risk owner and a control owner
- how to determine if controls are effective and tips on how to strengthen controls
- how to complete the control effectiveness section of your risk register
This resource is designed to support Victorian Government departments and agencies apply the Victorian Government Risk Management Framework (VGRMF) 2020 which is effective from 1 July 2021.